The U.S. Department of Energy has awarded more than $490 million since 1998 through its funding opportunities in support of Technology Integration projects across the country to implement alternative fuels and energy efficient vehicle technologies. These project awards contribute to advancing affordable, domestic transportation fuels, energy efficient mobility systems, and other fuel-saving technologies and practices.
This is a partial list of recently funded Technology Integration projects:
- Understanding transportation electrification in public and private fleets.
- Integrating alternative fuel vehicles and fueling infrastructure in urban and rural communities.
- Implementing living lab projects that demonstrate and assess new mobility solutions that maximize the return on investment to mobility systems in terms of time, cost, energy, and opportunity.
- Developing fueling and charging stations along busy transportation corridors.
- Providing resiliency planning through diversified vehicle and fueling options.
- Securing real-world data on total cost of ownership for alternative fuels.