Clean Cities Funded Projects
Clean Cities has awarded nearly $400 million through its funding opportunities for hundreds of projects across the country that reduce petroleum use in transportation. These project awards contribute to Clean Cities' primary goal of reducing petroleum use in the U.S. by 2.5 billion gallons per year by 2020.
Clean Cities funded projects have included:
- Introducing all-electric and hybrid electric vehicles into public and private fleet
- The conversion of conventional vehicles to run on natural gas and propane
- Installing refueling infrastructure
- The installation of idle-reduction equipment in school buses and tractor trailers
- Developing E85 (85% ethanol, 15% gasoline) fueling stations along busy transportation corridors.