Wisconsin Clean Cities
The Wisconsin Clean Cities works with vehicle fleets, fuel providers, community leaders, and other stakeholders to save energy and promote the use of domestic fuels and advanced vehicle technologies in transportation.
Lorrie Lisek is the President and co-owner of Legacy Environmental Services, Inc., an environmental consulting firm specializing in quality of life and management of environmental, energy, transportation and construction projects and programs. Lisek served as co-director for South Shore Clean Cities of Northern Indiana from 2005-2011. Her dedication to the Clean Cities' mission extends north to Wisconsin where she has served as Executive Director of Wisconsin Clean Cities since March 2011.
Lisek has been instrumental in securing project funding and the implementation of federal, state and local initiatives. Wisconsin Clean Cities is among an elite group of SmartWay Affiliates honored by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) with a 2013 and 2014 SmartWay Affiliate Challenge Award for activities in support of their shared goals to reduce truck emissions and improve freight efficiency.
- Designated: June 29, 1994
- Population: 5,742,713
- Area: 56,064 sq. mi.
- Boundary: Entire state of Wisconsin
Alternative Fueling Stations
Including public and private stations
- Biodiesel (B20 and above): 4
- Natural Gas: 56
- Ethanol (E85): 204
- Electric: 546
- Propane: 74
Petroleum Savings*Annual Petroleum Savings
Greenhouse Gas Savings*Annual Greenhouse Gas Emission Avoided
Learn about just some of the projects from Wisconsin Clean Cities. Visit the Wisconsin Clean Cities website for more projects and information.Also see:
- Penske Truck Leasing Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) Demonstration and Enhanced Driver Experience
- Lake Michigan Corridor Alternative Fuel Implementation Initiative
- Forwarding Wisconsin's Fuel Choice
- Gas Technology Institute
- Safety Training and Design, Permitting, and Operational Guidance for Garage Facilities Maintaining and Parking Natural Gas, Propane, and Hydrogen Vehicles