Wisconsin Clean Cities
The Wisconsin Clean Cities works with vehicle fleets, fuel providers, community leaders, and other stakeholders to save energy and promote the use of domestic fuels and advanced vehicle technologies in transportation.
Lorrie Lisek is the president and co-owner of Legacy Environmental Services, Inc., a woman-owned, Indiana Certified Women's Business Enterprise located in Crown Point, Indiana. She has served as Executive Director of Wisconsin Clean Cities since 2011. Under Lisek’s leadership, Wisconsin Clean Cities has been named a
U.S. EPA SmartWay Affiliate Challenge Honoree six consecutive times for the coalition’s role in reducing freight emissions. Lisek has also been instrumental in securing over $20 million in funding for coalition and member alternative fuel/technology projects. In 2015, Lisek and her husband Carl – who serves as vice president of Legacy Environmental Services and executive director of South Shore Clean Cities – were inducted into the U.S. Department of Energy’s Clean Cities Hall of Fame. She has also been recognized by former U.S. Sen. Richard Lugar as an Indiana Energy Patriot and has received the Northwest Indiana One Region Outstanding Achievement Award.
- Designated: June 29, 1994
- Population: 5,795,483
- Area: 56,064 sq. mi.
- Boundary: Entire state of Wisconsin
Alternative Fueling Stations
Including public and private stations
- Biodiesel (B20 and above): 4
- Electric (charging outlets): 672
- Ethanol (E85): 227
- Hydrogen: 0
- Natural Gas: 51
- Propane: 66
Energy Use Impact*Annual Energy Impact
Emissions Reduced*Annual Emissions Reduced
Learn about just some of the projects from Wisconsin Clean Cities. Visit the Wisconsin Clean Cities website for more projects and information.Projects and Case Studies
- Penske Truck Leasing Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) Demonstration and Enhanced Driver Experience
- Lake Michigan Corridor Alternative Fuel Implementation Initiative
- Gas Technology Institute
- Safety Training and Design, Permitting, and Operational Guidance for Garage Facilities Maintaining and Parking Natural Gas, Propane, and Hydrogen Vehicles
- Forwarding Wisconsin's Fuel Choice
- Leadership in CNG Propels Paper Transport Inc.