Statewide Indiana Program
The Statewide Indiana Program works with vehicle fleets, fuel providers, community leaders, and other stakeholders to save energy and promote the use of domestic fuels and advanced vehicle technologies in transportation.
Expanded Statewide Coverage for Indiana
Indiana is now offering statewide Clean Cities support and services through a single point of contact. The statewide program is an opportunity to leverage and combine resources and partnerships to build a stronger, better-coordinated alternative fuel and advanced transportation collaborative throughout the state. The U.S. Department of Energy designated the South Shore Clean Cities / Legacy Environmental team to represent all of Indiana as part of the national network. More information related to changes and enhancements for Clean Cities in Indiana will be coming soon.
Carl Lisek is the Vice President and co-owner of Legacy Environmental Services, Inc. and has served as Executive Director of South Shore Clean Cities since 2005. Under Lisek’s leadership, South Shore Clean Cities has become the definitive resource in Northern Indiana for cleaner fuels, vehicles and energy-saving transportation technologies that reduce pollution, increase American energy security and strengthen Indiana’s economy. In 2012, South Shore Clean Cities was recognized as having the largest increase in petroleum reduction by the U.S. Department of Energy and for being one of the most vibrant Clean Cities Coalitions in the United States. Lisek is Board Trustee of Transportation Energy Partners, a national non-profit that serves as an umbrella organization for many of the nation’s 100+ Clean Cities coalitions and educates policy makers and others on transportation energy issues. In 2015, Carl and his wife, Lorrie, – who serves as president of Legacy Environmental Services and executive director of Wisconsin Clean Cities – were inducted into the U.S. Department of Energy’s Clean Cities Hall of Fame.
- Designated: June 15, 1999
- Population: 6,732,219 (based on 2019 Census estimate)
- Area: 35,826 sq. mi.
- Local/Regional Service Area: Counties: Benton, DeKalb, Elkhart, Fulton, Jasper, Kosciusko, LaGrange, Lake, LaPorte, Marshall, Newton, Noble, Porter, Pulaski, St. Joseph, Starke, Steuben, Whitley
- Extended Service Area: Statewide. Contact us to connect with the experts, resources, and information you need.
Alternative Fueling Stations
Including public and private stations
- Biodiesel (B20 and above): 7
- Electric (charging outlets): 877
- Ethanol (E85): 238
- Hydrogen: 0
- Natural Gas: 33
- Propane: 53
Energy Use Impact*Annual Energy Impact
Emissions Reduced*Annual Emissions Reduced
Learn about just some of the projects from Statewide Indiana Program. Visit the Statewide Indiana Program website for more projects and information.Projects and Case Studies
- The Midwest DRIVES Initiative
- Lake Michigan Corridor Alternative Fuel Implementation Initiative
- U.S. Fuels Across America’s Highways - Michigan to Montana (M2M)
- Helping America's Rural Counties Transition to Cleaner Fuels and Vehicles
- Multi-Unit Dwelling Plug-in Electric Vehicle Charging Innovation Pilots in Multiple Metropolitan Areas
- Midwest EVOLVE (Midwest Electric Vehicle Opportunities: Learning, Events, Experience