Massachusetts Clean Cities
The Massachusetts Clean Cities works with vehicle fleets, fuel providers, community leaders, and other stakeholders to save energy and promote the use of domestic fuels and advanced vehicle technologies in transportation.
Michelle Broussard (Interim)
Michelle Broussard (Interim) is a Clean Cities coordinator for Massachusetts Clean Cities.
Mike Manning is the director of marketing and business development at Alternative Vehicle Service Group LP (AVSG). AVSG is a Boston-based developer of compressed natural gas (CNG) infrastructure for the six-state New England region. As of October 2009, Manning is also a co-coordinator of the Massachusetts Clean Cities coalition.
Manning has worked in the CNG industry since 1993 when he joined Boston Gas Company. He continued this work through the merger with KeySpan Energy Delivery and then the acquisition by National Grid. During this time, he was involved in the siting and construction of 12 large full-public-access CNG stations as well as 30 smaller-scale, private-access CNG stations across Massachusetts. The development of this infrastructure allowed dozens of fleets throughout the state to deploy CNG vehicles of all types.
- Designated: March 18, 1994
- Population: 6,902,149 (based on 2018 Census estimate)
- Area: 8,118 sq. mi.
- Boundary: Entire state of Massachusetts
Alternative Fueling Stations
Including public and private stations
- Biodiesel (B20 and above): 10
- Electric (charging outlets): 2,779
- Ethanol (E85): 7
- Hydrogen: 2
- Natural Gas: 16
- Propane: 31
Energy Use Impact*Annual Energy Impact
Emissions Reduced*Annual Emissions Reduced
Learn about just some of the projects from Massachusetts Clean Cities. Visit the Massachusetts Clean Cities website for more projects and information.Projects and Case Studies
- Initiative for Resiliency in Energy through Vehicles (iREV)
- Removing Barriers, Implementing Policies and Advancing Alternative Fuels Markets in New England
- Cape Cod National Seashore
- Massachusetts Sees Significant Growth in Electric Vehicles and Infrastructure
- Massachusetts Fleet Braun's Express Celebrates 10 Years of Petroleum Reduction Success