Kansas City Regional Clean Cities
The Kansas City Regional Clean Cities works with vehicle fleets, fuel providers, community leaders, and other stakeholders to save energy and promote the use of domestic fuels and advanced vehicle technologies in transportation.
Kelly Gilbert is Executive Director of Metropolitan Energy Center (MEC), which she joined in 2008 as coordinator of the Kansas City Regional Clean Cities Coalition. Under her leadership the coalition has become a regional hub for alternative fuel deployments in the states of Missouri, Kansas and Nebraska. MEC and its partners have managed many clean transportation projects and achieved a robust regional marketplace for alternative fuels and advanced technology vehicles, including supporting major AFV corridors. Gilbert sits on the Air Quality Forum for Mid-America Regional Council and was named to the 2017 Clean Cities Hall of Fame.
David Albrecht is the Co-Coordinator of Kansas City Regional Clean Cities. He joined the Metropolitan Energy Center team in 2013, and has helped manage a range of programs in the years since, including the Mid-America Collaborative for Alternative Fuels Implementation, DERA and USDOE grants for vehicle replacement and alt-fuel deployments, AFV corridor designations and the National Parks Initiative.
- Designated: November 18, 1998
- Population: 1,469,815
- Area: 4,203 sq. mi.
- Boundary: Missouri counties: Cass, Clay, Jackson, Johnson, Platte, Ray. Kansas counties: Leavenworth, Wyandotte; City of Kansas City
Alternative Fueling Stations
Including public and private stations
- Biodiesel (B20 and above): 0
- Natural Gas: 17
- Ethanol (E85): 11
- Electric: 1329
- Propane: 17
Energy Use Impact*Annual Energy Impact
Emissions Reduced*Annual Emissions Reduced
Learn about just some of the projects from Kansas City Regional Clean Cities. Visit the Kansas City Regional Clean Cities website for more projects and information.Projects and Case Studies
- Safe Alternative Fuel Deployments in Mid-America
- Wilson's Creek National Battlefield
- Nicodemus National Historic Site
- Mid-America Collaborative for Alternative Fuels Implementation
- Kansas City Home to Nation's Largest Network of EV Charging Stations
- Propane Vans Keep Kansas City Transportation Company Rolling
- Lee's Summit R-7 School District Delivers with Electric Trucks
- Kansas City Kansas Public Schools Invests in CNG Buses