Clean Fuels Ohio
The Clean Fuels Ohio works with vehicle fleets, fuel providers, community leaders, and other stakeholders to save energy and promote the use of domestic fuels and advanced vehicle technologies in transportation.
Phillip La Susa
Phil La Susa is the Executive Director of Clean Fuels Ohio. Phil is a Vice President of Strategic Growth & Client Engagement for TRC Companies, Inc., a global consulting, engineering, and construction management firm that provides technology-enabled solutions to the power, oil, gas, utility, environmental, and infrastructure markets. Phil’s network and experience in the energy industry will be a valuable addition to Clean Fuels Ohio’s work with diverse stakeholders in the fuels, energy, and transportation industry.
Previous engagements have taken Phil globally to work and consult on energy and environmental related projects. His technical background consists of experience within asset integrity, corrosion, environmental sustainability, water quality, and technology integration. Additional experience includes organizational integration and development, growth, and cultural transformation. Phil is active in industry organizations nationwide as a member, company representative, committee member, and board member. Phil serves as a senior advisor for Prince Pipeline Integrity, ITS Environmental, and Southeastern Equipment Company.
Phil received a Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Science from Otterbein University in Westerville, and currently resides in Westerville, OH.
- Designated: April 12, 2002
- Population: 11,799,448 (based on 2020 Census estimate)
- Area: 41,260 sq. mi.
- Local/Regional Service Area: Entire state of Ohio
Alternative Fueling Stations
Including public and private stations
- Biodiesel (B20 and above): 6
- Electric (charging outlets): 2,475
- Ethanol (E85): 207
- Hydrogen: 2
- Natural Gas: 54
- Propane: 72
Energy Use Impact*Annual Energy Impact
Emissions Reduced*Annual Emissions Reduced
Learn about just some of the projects from Clean Fuels Ohio. Visit the Clean Fuels Ohio website for more projects and information.Projects and Case Studies
- The Ohio Advanced Transportation Partnership
- The Midwest DRIVES Initiative
- Drive Electric Ohio
- Fast Track to Ohio AFV Adoption
- Aggregated Alternative Technology Alliance
- NGV U.P.T.I.M.E. Analysis: Updated Performance Tracking Integrating Maintenance Expenses
- Heavy-Duty Electric Vehicle Demonstrations for Freight and Mobility Solutions
- Decentralized Mobility Ecosystem: Market Solutions for 21st Century Electrified Mobility
- Zero Emission Freight Future
- Midwest EVOLVE (Midwest Electric Vehicle Opportunities: Learning, Events, Experience
- Safety Training and Design, Permitting, and Operational Guidance for Garage Facilities Maintaining and Parking Natural Gas, Propane, and Hydrogen Vehicles
- Clean Cities Coalitions Enlighten Local Fleets on Landfill Gas as Fuel
- City of Cincinnati Turns Sustainable Fleet Plan into On-Road Reality
- Smith Dairy Deploys Natural Gas Vehicles and Fueling Infrastructure in the Midwest