Clean Cities Coachella Valley Region
The Clean Cities Coachella Valley Region works with vehicle fleets, fuel providers, community leaders, and other stakeholders to save energy and promote the use of domestic fuels and advanced vehicle technologies in transportation.
Sharon Barone was appointed coordinator of Coachella Valley Clean Cities in 2021. She is a Project Manager Assistant in the Performance Department at SunLine Transit Agency, supporting the Project Managers in coordinating projects relating to the Agency’s zero-emissions efforts. She aids in the continuity and efficiency of the zero-emissions fleet and infrastructure projects by planning the development of the projects, assisting in setting goals, monitoring the progress, and by ensuring that all deliverables are completed as per contractual requirements. Sharon is directly involved in collection and reporting of data to various organizations, pertaining to fuel cell, battery electric, and CNG buses. She is also an administrator for SunLine University, the Agency’s employee training program designed to enhance quality of workmanship and strengthen transit knowledge for Agency staff.
- Designated: April 22, 1996
- Population: 510,795 (based on 2019 Census estimate)
- Area: 913 sq. mi.
- Local/Regional Service Area: The Coachella Valley along U.S. Highway 10 from Banning Pass to Chiriaco Summit and southeast to Mecca; including Twentynine Palms, Yucca Valley, Morongo Valley, Desert Hot Springs, Palm Springs, Cathedral City, Thousand Palms, Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert, Indian Wells, La Quinta, Indio, and Coachella
Alternative Fueling Stations
Including public and private stations
- Biodiesel (B20 and above): 0
- Electric (charging outlets): 522
- Ethanol (E85): 3
- Hydrogen: 1
- Natural Gas: 20
- Propane: 8
Energy Use Impact*Annual Energy Impact
Emissions Reduced*Annual Emissions Reduced
Learn about just some of the projects from Clean Cities Coachella Valley Region. Visit the Clean Cities Coachella Valley Region website for more projects and information.Projects and Case Studies